Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful.

This has by far been the toughest year of my life, but it has also been one of the best. In the midst of all this heartache, I have so much to be thankful for.

Prayer.  In the past two months I have witnessed the amazing power of prayer. 29 days after starting her chemo treatments, Aniston went into remission. Thank you Lord for hearing our cries.

My husband. I am so thankful for his hard work to support our family. Thanks Tyler for all you do.

My children. We have been blessed with two beautiful babies who bring joy to my every day. I am so thankful for the gift of motherhood. It is harder than I ever imagined but I wouldn't trade a second of it. Thank you for giving me a reason to smile when I am feeling discouraged.



Family. I've always known I had an amazing family. In the past two months they've proven just awesome they are. Mom and Jim- thank you for letting us live with you. It is taking a lot longer than expected to move into our house. Thanks for making multiple trips to Nashville to make sure we had everything we needed during our hospital stays. Thanks for taking off work to go with me to clinic and for staying up all hours of the night to help with the kids. Thanks for spending all of your spare time helping us with the house.  Dad and Angie- thank you for coming on your free weekends to help with the kids. Thanks for staying in the hospital with me and bringing me yummy food because I could not eat one more hospital meal. Claire- thanks for postponing your wedding. I couldn't imagine having to miss out on one of the most important days of your life. Thank you for always being there to listen and always knowing just what to say. Thanks for being my 'secretary' when there aren't enough hours in the day for me to get things done. Joel- thank you for always being willing to run errands for me, even if you have to go to the same store five times in one day. Bethany- thanks for dropping everything and coming to stay with me when I needed help. Also thanks for always being there to listen. Mama, papa, Jeff and Char- thanks for all of your help getting our house move in ready. We couldn't have done it without you! To the rest of my family- thanks for all of the support you've shown us. We love you!

Church family. We started attending Gateway Christian church when we moved to Tennessee earlier this year. Even though we only went there for a short while, they made us feel like family. Thank you all for the prayers, cards, gifts and meals. It means so much to us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We can't wait until Aniston is well enough for us to come back to church!

Hometowns. We have been amazed at all of the support from our hometowns. Thank you all so much for the shirt sales, fundraisers, cards, gifts and prayers.  We are forever grateful.

Don't worry about anything. Instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment